LANSING, MI – A player in Michigan came within one number of winning the $313 million Mega Millions jackpot, but there was no winner of the grand prize for the drawing held on Tuesday, May 26.
That means the drawing on Friday, May 29 will be worth $336 million with a cash option of $265.6 million.
The Mega Millions numbers for May 26: 34-52-58-59-62
The Gold Mega Ball: 4
The Megaplier: 3
Mega Millions winners for May 26:
· Along with no grand prize winner, no one matched all five white numbers drawn to win $1 million.
· In Michigan, one ticket sold won $10,000 in the drawing. That was the largest prize won in the state.
· There were 346,782 tickets sold that won at least $4 in the drawing. In Michigan, 14,688 tickets sold won at least $4 in the drawing.
Mega Millions drawings are held Tuesday and Friday at 11 p.m. Five balls are drawn from a set of balls numbered 1 through 70; the Mega ball is drawn from a set of balls numbered 1 through 25. The odds of winning the jackpot is 1 in 302 million.
Mega Millions is played in 44 states, plus the District of Columbia and the Virgin Islands. Tickets cost $2 each.
In other Michigan Lottery news:
· The next Powerball drawing is Wednesday night, May 27 with an estimated jackpot of $114 million and a cash option of $91.6 million.
· The next Lotto 47 drawing is also Wednesday night, May 27 at 7:29 p.m. with a jackpot of $5.9 million. Deadline is 7:08 p.m. that day.
· Wednesday’s Fantasy 5 jackpot is an estimated $105,000. The drawing is at 7:29 p.m. Deadline is 7:08 p.m.
For the latest on Michigan Lottery, check out the official Michigan Lottery site, which also offers more information on instant tickets, raffles and other lottery games.
The last players from Michigan to win a Mega Millions or Powerball jackpot were a couple from Suttons Bay who came forward to claim an $80 million Powerball win. That couple plans on using the money to support their family of seven kids and 21 grandkids.
And while they were lucky winners, it’s smart for players to check their tickets immediately as a winner worth $1 million sold in Hartland last year went unclaimed. The ticket was purchased at the Speedway in Hartland, but the winner never came forward to claim the prize. The money instead went to the state’s School Aid Fund.
If you’d like to be the next player from Michigan to win a huge lottery prize, take a look at these tips from lottery expert Richard Lustig. The author of “Learn How To Increase Your Chances Of Winning The Lottery” has won more than $1 million in Florida by winning top jackpot prizes in smaller games.
Credit: Source link